When going through my reader tonight I came across a post by one of my favorite new bloggers and was totally inspired. So here is my list. 34 things that I have learned in the last 34 years.
1. I'm only as pretty as I think I am.
2. My dad is the kindest, gentlest soul I know.
3. My mom will always tell me the truth, be my biggest cheerleader and fight anyone who is mean to me.
4. Sometimes you have to walk away from people.
5. You can't be friends with everyone. All you can hope for is to be adult when you are around them.
6. People will hurt you. People you never thought would. And it will hurt bad. But they are human too. And you have hurt them. So forgive them.
7. You teach people how to treat you. Accepting their humanness (see #6) is one thing, allowing them to be mean to you to make themselves feel better is unacceptable.
8. You will not be the perfect mom. Ever. But you will do the best you can.
9. I love food. And I refuse to not enjoy it.
10. Being patient is hard. It is a life-long lesson. Deal with it.
11. Don't be afraid to get crazy with your hair. You can always dye it brown.
12. Family matter. Always.
13. Always pack 2 extra pairs of underwear and socks. Trust me, you will use them.
14. Never change for someone else. But learn when it is time to take a look at yourself and see if you might need some tweaking.
15. Take a lot of pictures. You will be grateful for them later.
16. Life is 90% awesome. Yes, sometimes it is hard but that makes the awesome times all the more awesome.
17. I'm a better mom than I thought I would be.
18. I'm a better wife than I thought I would be.
19. Working out is an escape. It's the one thing I do for myself. Never thought I would say that.
20. Money isn't everything. But be smart with it or it will make life even harder.
21. Mom's meatloaf will always be the best.
22. Books are still your friends. Don't forget to lose yourself in one.
23. Sometimes you just need to give in to the ugly cry.
24. Go after your dreams. No one is going to hand them to you.
25. It's hard to be mad when your kid grins at you.
26. Date night is not just important, it is essential.
27. Invest in your friends. The good one's will give it back to you ten-fold.
28. Sometimes wine and chocolate really do solve all your problems.
29. Hearing your kid laugh will change your world.
30. Take your vitamins.
31. The only person that cares about how dirty your house is is you. Let it go.
32. The hardest part about motherhood is the monotony. You do the same things at least 5 times a day.
33. Don't neglect you relationship with your husband after your kid. Your kid will leave and then what will you be left with?
34. Get more sleep. You need it.
What would you put on your list?